What Are Magic Mushroom Edibles?
Similar to cannabis edibles, mushroom edibles are food infused with psilocybin, the active ingredient in shrooms. These edibles are very versatile; you can make both savory and sweet food with mushrooms, so whether you’re brewing an evening tea or baking some delicious snacks, sprinkling some psilocybin shrooms on top of them can already do the trick.
What Are the Benefits of Mushroom Edibles?
Mushroom edibles come with a few unique benefits that can make you reconsider your magic routine.For one, edibles come with a fixed dosage in each serving. That way, you know exactly how much psilocybin you’re ingesting with each portion. If you’re not comfortable with experiencing psychedelic trips, you can take smaller but consistent doses of mushrooms to boost their health benefits without getting you high on psilocybin.Another important advantage of buying mushroom edibles is the flavors they offer. As mentioned, psilocybin mushrooms aren’t the best thing in the world when it comes to taste. Their bitter, foul flavor often repels people from trying them.
Finally, there are the potential medical benefits that come with ingesting magic mushrooms, such as:
- Enhanced creativity
- More energy and motivation
- Improved mood
- Heightened senses
- Enhanced perspectives about important concepts
- Better ability to cope with personal trauma
How to Take Mushroom Edibles for Optimal Results?
Whether you’re taking mushroom edibles for their psychedelic effects, or you simply want to microdose with them, there’s one principle that applies to all consumers — take it low and slow. Starting with low doses allows you to assess the effects without going overboard. A lot of inexperienced consumers of psychedelics start with store-bought edibles because they don’t feel comfortable with gauging the dosage. Edible mushroom products available online are made by professionals and provide the user with consistency in each serving.If edibles aren’t your pair of shoes, you can infuse any kind of beverage with psilocybin. This substance is also water-soluble, making it a fine ingredient in vegan and vegetarian cuisines.But most importantly, always approach shrooms with caution and use them responsibly. We also recommend researching the effects of magic mushrooms so you can decide if they are right for you.
What Types of Magic Mushroom Edibles Are There?
Whether you’re a sweet tooth or a salty snacker, there are plenty of options to have your magic mushrooms and eat them too.
Here are the most common types of edible shroom products:
- Magic mushroom treats:
- this is the broadest category of mushroom edibles. It includes candies, gummies, chocolates, lollipops, and lots of pastries containing psilocybin.
- Magic mushroom tea:
- while not a typical edible, mushroom tea is one of the best ways to consume psilocybin. Shroom tea is a great option for adjusting your dose to your tolerance to psychedelics. Magic mushroom tea is also easier to make and cheaper to buy than regular edibles.
- Salty snacks:
- as a prospective psychonaut, you’re probably eager to explore different ways to enjoy your shrooms. Here’s the good news: psilocybin can be infused into anything you like to munch on, including salads, crackers, sandwiches, dips, sauces, etc. Just make sure they’re not typical junk food because bad food may compromise your experience with psychedelic mushrooms.
Last but not least, there’s a whole world of dishes you can spice up with magic mushrooms. Burgers, pastas, soups, stews, baked casseroles — the sky’s the limit. Just make sure you have some previous experience when it comes to cooking with psychoactive ingredients. Always leave extra time for the psilocybin to kick in, and don’t rush another dose until you’re off your current one.